May 23, 2010

What Makes You Cry?

There are many reasons why a person cries. One of them is a sad scene in a movie. I remember the time when I cried in the cinema whilst watching the movie "Jesus of Nazareth"! It was the crucifixion scene. Somehow it shook me of the cruelty of men and the extent of God's love. That was certainly not the last time I was moved over a movie! In our last CG study we read in Revelation 5:4 that John wept when he was told that there was no one worthy to break the seals and open the scroll. It must have broken his heart to hear that there was no one in all of heaven and earth who can unlock what was written on the scrolls. Jesus wept when His good friend Lazarus died. He also cried over the city of Jerusalem who did not recognised their Messiah.

What makes you cry? I hope it is more than just a weepy movie! Certainly there are more things happening in this world of ours that can really make us weep. I hope the tears are happy ones or at least it can push you to some action or decision. Maybe you have a story to share with regards to this topic?

Ps. Ben

4 comments:

  1. Being "hamb pau" is a norm to me. I can cry easily not only because of sadness but certain words, messages or songs that touched me also can make me cry. I can wept automatically when I am praying, reading His words or singing praises..... Am I too emo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some may say that you have a sensitive heart and very in touched with your feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some may say that you have a sensitive heart and very in touched with your inner feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some may say that you have a sensitive heart and very in touched with your inner feelings!

    ReplyDelete