May 4, 2010

Coincidence or Divine Appointment?

Have you ever had an experience or encounter when you meet people whom you would least expect to see? Is it just merely coincidence or is it a divine appointment? I had two such encounters recently in my trip to Australia. First I met a man who was my cousin's school friend. He was introduced as a friend of my friend! But when we talked some more we could trace back some common links! The second incident took place right in the streets of Melbourne. I was walking about trying to find my way in the city and then I met an old friend and sister in Christ. What a pleasant surprise! The last time we met was at a wake a few months ago. We were only able to make light conversations. We are all too busy to come around to meeting each other and talk matters of the heart. So sometimes the Lord chooses to arrange for us meetings to remind us. These meetings could be opportunities to encourage and serve. Who knows our paths may never cross again? Let this prayer, which I am learning to pray, be yours each day: "Lord, lead me today to someone whom I can serve." You could well be surprised with how the Lord may arrange your appointments! Enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment