April 2, 2010

TGIGF!

Death is an unforgettable experience that leaves a lasting mark in our memories. I still remember my late grandmother lying in the morgue and that of my late father on his bed. As we commemorate Good Friday we cannot forget the day our Lord Jesus who hung on the cross, being humiliated publicly, bleeding and in great pain. For three hours there was darkness in the land. At the end of it He cried, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" He even felt that God had left Him when He carried the sins of the world. I am glad that it did not end there. It was only in that moment of despair that He cried out those words. The good news was the words that He cried out later, "It is finished."  Yes! He paid the price and ransomed us from all of our sins. We are free!

That's why today we can shout out and say "Thank God it's Good Friday!" or "Thank God for Good Friday!" Let us take a moment to give thanks to the Lord for His great love and sacrifice.

No comments:

Post a Comment